Build a Bridge, Build an Opportunity
We bridge your path to law school through funding and mentorship
Eliminating the biggest barrier to entry for black students who are pursuing an education and a career in the legal profession.
Welcome to the JD Bridges Foundation
We exist to promote the pursuit of legal education for Black students in Canada.
No one should be deterred from pursuing a legal education due to an inability to afford the law school application process. The JD Bridges Foundation aims to bridge the gap for prospective Black applicants who have an interest in law but may be uncertain about applying to law school due to financial need.
JD Bridges Bursary Program
We won’t let the high cost of applying stop you!
The 2022 JD Bridges Bursary includes the following components and is valued at approximately $2,500.00!
For recipients of the 2022 JD Bridges Bursary, the JD Bridges Foundation will…
Purchase for the bursary recipient:
1. (1) law school admission test (LSAT) (not applicable to those only applying to French common law programs)
2. (1) LSAT prep course (The Princeton Review LSAT fundamentals)
• 30 hours of virtual class prep with an expert instructor
• Online lessons to help reinforce your in-class prep
• 4 practice tests (to be self-proctored at home)
• Online score reports with detailed explanations
• 150+ hours of additional videos and online content
• One-year subscription to the official LSAT Prep Plus package – 60+ full Official LSAT PrepTests™
3. (1) LSAT study materials (The PowerScore 2022 LSAT Trilogy Practice Pack)
Provide a cheque to the bursary recipient of up to $600 to cover the cost of:
4. (1) OLSAS fee (for those applying to Ontario law schools)
5. A minimum of 3 university application fees
6. A minimum of 3 official transcript fees
Connect the bursary recipient with:
7. One (1) personal statement mentor
Start Your Application
You belong at law school.
We're here to help you get there.
2023 Application Deadline Coming Soon
Get in touch
We’re here to answer your questions and offer you support. Reach out to us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.